Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snow!

It 'snowed' this weekend...if you can call it snow. The winter weather has been the topic of conversation all week and people are freaking out. Here is a picture fom our balcony of the 'snow.'. Sorry...I have to laugh. Go to Utah if you want to see real snow and winter weather.
The weather man says that 'Round 2 of this Arctic Blast' is coming in tonight and will stay through Thursday. This is a excerpt from an article on the King County Metro website telling how drivers can get ready for the upcoming storm. "And of course, the county is again reminding motorists to be prepared for winter driving. That means: having plenty of gas in the car; driving with all season tires, chains and warm clothing; and please don’t abandon your vehicle in the middle of travel lanes." I guess the have had problems with this in the past. It amazes me that people here do not know how to drive in the snow and would just give up and leave their car in the middle of the road only to create more of a headache for other drivers. Too funny! I'll let you know how we survive this winter storm.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

That's great! It basically snowed all day here in good old Salt Lake City. My poor husband had a couple hours worth of shoveling when he came home from work. I tried to help but I am kind of a wimp:) I'd prefer your snow storms! Have fun.

Grant said...

It looks like we are going to have plenty of snow here for you in Salt Lake when you come.

Unknown said...

Haha...that's hilarious. At least you got something, Karen :). All we got here in Arizona was some warm rain...but I will say I was pretty excited about the rain...this is the most like Christmas that it's felt yet! Also..I need your address.

Angel said...

That is so funny! It always surprises me how people freak out over a little snow. But I guess that's cause I've grown up in Utah where it snows a ton! It took me 45 min to get to school the other day because the roads were so bad! I love winter! :)

Lisa said...

Snow?!?! You can't call that snow. That is just Brandon sprinkling powdered sugar off your balcony.

Jenna said...

That's hilarious. I just got finished shoveling about a foot of the real stuff.