Friday, January 30, 2009

earthquake

This post is mostly to get that ugly picture of Hot Topic off the top of my blog. But also to let you know that we had an earthquake this morning. Around 5:25 am the Puget Sound area was shaken by a 4.5 earthquake. I know...that's not big at all. They say it lasted for 15-20 seconds and that people as far north as Victoria, British Columbia could feel the tremors. I slept right through it...I had worked a crazy 12 hour shift yesterday and was exhausted. Brandon claims it woke him up but he didn't know what woke him up until after he heard the news report. I'm bummed I slept through it. I guess I will have to take everyone's word for it that it really happened.

7 comments:

Sandra said...

I'm glad it wasn't any bigger. Have you been working a lot of hours lately? Hope all is going well.

megan said...

I think I felt it! I had no idea why my bed shook a little while Hannah was having her usual 5 am feeding. I thought it was our upstairs neighbors stomping around.

Unknown said...

Wow that's pretty exciting, Karen. I remember being in an earthquake in California when I was little once. My parents came and woke us up and told us we had to get out of the house...all I remember is it took me forever to put my shoes on and tie the laces. Must not have been that bad if they let me struggle with my shoe laces! Haha! Glad yours wasn't that bad, either.

Connie and Brandon said...

Oooh! Earthquakes are fun as long as they aren't big and damaging!

John & Nancy Wellington Family said...

So glad to hear you survived your earthquake. I hadn't heard there had been one. I am glad it wasn't a bigger one.

Grant said...

We love hearing about your adventures in Seattle.

Lisa said...

I wish I could sleep that hard!