Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I have the best husband ever!

This is where he is taking me at the end of May... sunny CANCUN!!!! And I am soooo excited!

A couple weekends ago Brandon asked me if I wanted to go on a vacation with him. I told him I would if it was somewhere warm and sunny. I have never been so pasty white in my life and I just need to look forward to some time in the sun! He suggested Cancun and I was thrilled. I've never been there before and it met my two requirements perfectly. We will have more than 4 months to plan this trip which is longer than we had to plan our entire wedding but I've discovered you should always have a vacation or something to look forward to...especially during busy season.

After looking through dozens of different hotel options we finally decided on the Dreams all-inclusive resort in Cancun. The pictures make it look amazing and I catch myself looking at the online brochure a little too often thinking of the day I will be lying on the beach soaking up all that sun. There is tons of stuff to do...snorkeling, scuba lessons, kayaking, yoga, spanish cooking classes, tennis, biking, ocean trampoline, euro-bungee, golfing, laying on the beach, swimming with the dolphins, shows, live music, big screen outdoor movies, pool volleyball, dining...you name it. It all sound like so much fun. We are super excited!!

We just got our 'tickets' (really just a pamphlet about the resort and our reservation numbers) in the mail yesterday so it is official. Mexico here we come!!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I'm so excited for you! As you know we went to Cancun (all-inclusive...it's the only way to do it), for our honeymoon and it was awesome! You guys are going to love it! What a great thing to look forward to. It's not too far away, either :).

Sandra said...

This sounds fantastic. You know your dad and he is always planning a vacation, because it is something wonderful to look forward to. Cancun is a wonderful place to go. I love it there. Have fun.

Angel said...

How awesome! You'll have to tell me how it is. Thats really what I want to do this summer for a vacation. It would be nice to get away and enjoy a relaxing vacation before Med school starts and kids come! I'm excited for you!!

Camille said...

You are one lucky girl! Take advantage of all the chance you have to do fun things like that. How exciting! I will just have to pretend I'm there with you and live vicariously through your fun. :) I bet you are counting down until May!

Lisa said...

I want to come!

Grant said...

You could not select a more enjoyable place for a vacation. I am sure you will have a great time.

Connie and Brandon said...

Wow that is awesome! It is a very nice thing to look forward to.

Zac & Chelsea said...

That is so fun! It is nice to have something to look forward to. The hard part is the waiting! :) I am sure that you guys will have tons of fun!

megan said...

Sounds awesome! I am quite pasty myself.

The Childs Family said...

All I can say is I am JEALOUS. :)

Rachel said...

That will be an awesome vacation! We went on a Caribbean cruise last summer and one of the places we went to was Cozumel, near Cancun. I only wish we could have spent some evenings on the islands. Have fun!